People don’t like change. But, as the late Jim Rohn once said ‘Your life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better by CHANGE‘.
I recently read a great book called ‘Who Moved My Cheese‘ – it was short but put the point across very well, if you have not read it, I recommend you do (just click the title & it will take you over to Amazon where you can check it out).
When it comes to achieving a healthy lifestyle, some of us have a mammoth journey ahead. Still, we get stuck in and try and change everything one go, which just isn’t feasible. We set off with fabulous intentions, but after a few days the momentum falters and we retreat back to our comfort zone.
There is a better way – one simple change at a time.
Apparently, it takes between 21 and 66 days to form a habit or a ritual. During this time we may have a few wobbles, but generally with a bit of willpower we can work through them and get to the other side.
Here is a list of few changes you could make. Think about what is important to you and find the one that resonates the most:
- drink more water
- exercise daily
- eat breakfast
- eat healthier meals (check out our free recipe book download)
- read for 30 mins a day (personal development)
- cut out tea / coffee
- cut out soft drinks
- get more sleep
- get up earlier
- step out of your comfort zone daily
- do ‘x’ squats a day
- manage your time better (will improve productivity)
- moan less (the more positive you are, the more positive you will feel)
- find something to be grateful for every day (keep a gratitude diary)
Depending on when you are reading this, you could start right away – don’t put off until tomorrow, something you can do today!